Membership is free, open to everyone and there are no requirements to join our group. All that we ask members to do is to is to agree to our Terms of Membership and to operate in accordance with the objectives and aims, as set out in the constitution of the group, at the group activities and in our social media groups.
Registering as a member supports the group officially. Once registered, members will receive a membership number and will collectively own and control the group. Members have voting rights at General Meetings and can stand for the committee. They also have the option to receive email updates from the committee and will not have to fill out separate registrations for our activities or clubs.
To apply to become a full member of our group you will need to register using the form below. Please read the Terms of Membership before submitting your application. Your gender, age and ethnicity information will be used for group statistics only, mandatory information is marked with an asterisk:
Terms of Membership
Registered members officially own the group and as stakeholders are personally responsible for the group and its activities including any liabilities. The committee will manage the group’s day to day operations and activities, as appointed by the members.
Members of our social media groups who have not registered, are unregistered members of our group. There is no requirement to register as a member. Members, social media members and anyone else can support us, take part in any of our activities and attend our events.
Members may of course leave at any time. Any offensive behaviour, including racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, Islamophobic, misogynistic, xenophobic or inflammatory remarks, will not be permitted. Anyone behaving in an offensive way may be asked not to attend further meetings or to leave the group if an apology is not given or the behaviour is repeated.
Wellingborough Eco Group has been set up to do what we can to help the environment at a local level, in a friendly and positive way. Our objectives are to:
- Help improve our borough’s environment
- Reduce, reuse, repair and recycle items that would otherwise end up in landfill.
- Help local people reduce their carbon footprints.
- Share and promote eco-friendly services and information.
- Create a safe group that cares about the environment, that is open to everyone.
To meet our objectives, Wellingborough Eco Group aims to:
- Encourage and work with residents, councils, businesses and other community organisations.
- Be non-political, and work with all political parties.
- Challenge but not criticise councils, or their environmental contractors.
- Respect that everyone has differing views about the environment and where they live.
All personal data will be stored securely, according to GDPR.