There are lots of recipes for cleaning products on the internet, but if you don’t already make your own, here’s a simple recipe for a multi-surface cleaner. You can wash out and re-use an old spray bottle to save plastic.
All you need is:
- A half litre spray bottle (or double up quantities for a litre bottle)
- A quarter of a cup of white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of eco friendly washing up liquid
- A few drops of essential oil
- Hot water
How to make it:
- Add the vinegar to the bottle and make a mark on the bottle where it comes up to.
- Add the washing up liquid and make another mark.
- Add about 6 or 7 drops of any essential oil such as lemon or lavender. (You can do without this, but then it smells a bit vinegary.)
- Fill the bottle very gently with hot water so it doesn’t bubble up too much.
- Put the top on and turn it up and down a few times to mix. Remember to label the bottle so you don’t forget what’s in there.
You now have your bottle marked ready for next time so you can just put the vinegar and washing up liquid straight in up to the marks without measuring them.
Written by Judy Sumner for Wellingborough Eco Group and as demonstrated by Judy at our Repair Cafes